Paper Talk: Monday March 11 – Pep open to staying at Manchester City – Football
Get all the latest football gossip from the day’s back pages
The Cheltenham Festival is finally here and what a week it is set to be. But remember there is a huge week of football ahead too with Champions Leagues, Premier League, FA Cup and Sky Bet EFL action
Sporting Life will have the best coverage of both Cheltenham and the week’s football and it starts with Monday’s gossip from the back pages of the national newspapers.
- Pep Guardiola has cast doubt on Ilkay Gundogan’s Manchester City future by revealing the midfielder is holding out on signing a new contract.
- Tottenham have left behind their dreadful Premier League form to head to Spain on a warm-weather break.
- Pep Guardiola has told friends he is open to staying at Manchester City for the next four years.
- West Bromwich Albion will have further talks with Slavisa Jokanovic on Monday as they pursue a new head coach, following the dismissal of Darren Moore.
- Junior Hoilett insists Cardiff City’s band of brothers are united in their battle to overcome the odds and prolong their stay in the Premier League.
Pep Guardiola is wanted by Juventus
- Chris Hughton believes Lewis Dunk deserves a place in Gareth Southgate’s next England squad.
- Harry Maguire thinks Jamie Vardy can keep scoring at the top level for years to come after hitting his century for Leicester.
- Sergio Ramos will seek to leave Real Madrid this summer if the club move to appoint former manager Jose Mourinho.
- Celtic are on the trail of £5m-rated Chelsea centre-half Tomas Kalas.
Sky Bet’s Cheltenham Festival offer – Money back as cash if you lose in the first race everyday
- Tottenham and Arsenal are likely to compete for Villarreal midfielder Pablo Fornals. The Gunners may have to sell Mesut Ozil before making a move.
- Manchester City are monitoring Lyon’s Tanguy Ndombele with a view to making a summer move for the midfielder, who has also been watched by Tottenham, Manchester United and Juventus.
- Kilmarnock have made a pre-contract offer to their former midfielder, Derby’s Craig Bryson, whose current deal ends this summer
- Chelsea have put Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo on their list of managerial transfer targets.
- Celtic are keen to sign Chelsea defender Tomas Kalas, who is currently on loan at Bristol City.
Follow the Cheltenham Festival with Sporting Life