Transfer news LIVE: Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea rumours and done deals
Follow LIVE updates this Tuesday with all the latest transfer news, rumours and done deals.
Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof has insisted that he is staying at Manchester United for next season amid interest from Barcelona.
The Swede commented on the rumours during United’s tour of the Far East.
“I’m very, very happy to be a Manchester United player,” said Lindelof during a news conference.
“I’m excited for new season to start. That’s my answer. I’m very happy here.”
Bentiez worked with the Venezuelan during his time at Newcastle, who he left in favour of Dalian Yifang earlier this month.
The striker would cost £16.5 million, signing a three-year contract worth $8 million in wages.
Tottenham look set to sell Kieran Trippier to Atletico Madrid, with the clubs close to finalising a £25m deal.
The England right-back should help fill the void left by Juanfran, who departed on a free transfer this summer.
The Spaniard has had multiple offers from clubs including Tottenham and AC Milan, but has decided to join Arsenal after being convinced by Unai Emery.
Ceballos would initially join on a season-long loan.
The right back became a free agent this summer after leaving Paris Saint-Germain.
Manchester City were keen on signing the 36-year-old before he joined PSG in 2017, while Alves has also previously played for Juventus during the 2016/17 season.
The 22-year-old Hoffenheim striker had also attracted attention from Wolves, but the West Midlands side were put off by the German club’s hefty asking price of £30 to £40 million.
The Brazillian scored 11 goals with 9 assists for Hoffenheim last season.
Porto have tabled a £5m offer for PSG goalkeeper Kevin Trapp.
Multiple reports in France suggest the Ligue 1 champions are yet to respond.
The German goalkeeper spent last season on loan at Eintracht Frankfurt and has 12 months left on his contract.
Southampton are in advanced talks with Ligue 1 side OCG Nice for forward Sofiane Boufal.
The Moroccan international has also attracted attention from Bordeaux and Marseille.
The Colombian is said to also want the move, but dealing with arch rivals Real Madrid, and competition from Napoli, may prove to be a stumbling block for Atletico.
However, Napoli’s pursuit of the midfielder seems to have taken a hit after Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis hit out at the Real Madrid president, saying, “We don’t want to give in to Florentino’s unfair demands.”
Chelsea manager Frank Lampard has confirmed that teenage defender, Ethan Ampadu will go out on loan this season in search of first team football.
‘I tried to sign Ethan on loan at Derby last year, so I’m a big fan, but with the minutes he played last year, I have to think of the bigger picture and the interests of Ethan and of Chelsea.’ said Lampard.
Ampadu had been absent from Chelsea’s pre-season tour of Japan.
David De Gea is close to signing a new contract with Manchester United according to manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Read the full story here.
Eintracht Frankfurt striker Sebastien Haller is set to arrive in London to undergo a medical ahead of a proposed move to West Ham, the Bundesliga club have announced.
The Frenchman scored 20 goals in 41 appearances last season and would join Spainish international midfielder Pablo Fornals and goalkeeping duo Roberto and David Martin in signing for West Ham this summer.
West Ham are reportedly ready to spend £45 million on the player, breaking their transfer record.
Norwich City have made their fourth signing of the summer with defender Sam Byram joining from West Ham for an undisclosed fee.
The 25-year-old made just 36 appearances for the Hammers since joining them from Leeds United in 2016.
“I’m delighted. It’s all happened quite fast and it’s been a quick turnaround,” Byram said.
“Obviously, I was not in the plans for West Ham going forward and I needed a new challenge to go out and push on after last season.”
Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar has reiterated his desire to leave the club.
The Brazilian has met with sporting director Leonardo and delivered the message in person.
Barcelona had been linked with a move for their former player, but the arrival of Antoine Griezmann may have altered their plans.
It looks like almost a done deal in Serie A, here:
Everton have signed England international midfielder Fabian Delph on a three-year deal from Premier League champions Manchester City, they announced on Monday.
The 29-year-old, who has made 20 appearances for England, became surplus to requirements at City after they recently signed Spanish midfielder Rodri in a club record deal from Atletico Madrid.
Delph had one year left on his City contract and played 22 times in City’s title-winning 2017/18 season. He featured in only 20 matches in all competitions last season as City won a domestic treble.
No financial details were disclosed but media reports said the fee was worth up to 10 million pounds ($12.52 million).
Frank Lampard believes Chelsea’s transfer ban can boost their start to the season by removing any distractions at the start of August.
“The decision and the story was made before I got the job. The transfer ban is here so it is probably a waste of my time to think too much about what could have been or should have been, my job is to have absolute belief in the players and that is what I think the week’s training has started to give me, because I can see a quality and attitude within the squad.
“When you know where you are at it hones in what is important, which is the club together, players, fans, staff, everybody, giving everything to improve daily and improve game by game, because with the squad we have we can be really competitive this year.
“It helps my focus and if there’s a blessing in disguise it’s the fact that we don’t have a stressful start of August with the transfer window.”
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sidestepped questions over the future of Romelu Lukaku as he spoke to the media ahead of Manchester United’s second pre-season friendly, against Leeds United in Australia.
Lukaku remains the subject of strong interest from Inter Milan, where the Serie A club’s new manager Antonio Conte has identified the Belgian as his primary target to replace Mauro Icardi, who is likely to leave this summer following a high-profile fallout with Inter’s hierarcy, and Lukaku has hinted that he wants a new challenge.
Asked whether he expects Lukaku to still be part of the United squad when the new season starts next month, Solskjaer said: “You know the day we start the league, everyone here will want to be at Manchester United. There are always rumours, but when the league starts we baton the hatches down.”
Gareth Bale could yet leave Real Madrid, as Tottenham begin to intensify their interest.
Spurs want to bring the Welshman back to north London and will bid £54m.
But Marca claim Spurs will not go near the 30-year-old’s £600,000 per week wages, and can only pay up to half, meaning Los Blancos have a decision to make as to whether to help facilitate the exit of one of their highest earners, who is on the periphery of Zinedine Zidane’s plans.
Nabil Fekir is of interest to Arsenal, but the Gunners appear unable to launch a bid due to Mesut Ozil’s contract.
L’Equipe report that due to their inability to shift Ozil, who has two years remaining on his deal, they face missing out on the Lyon star.
The French playmaker was set to join Liverpool last summer, but the Reds have so far failed to rekindle their interest.
Please allow a moment for updates to load
Meanwhile Everton have signed Man City’s Fabian Delph, who is keen to play more often after a peripheral role at the Etihad under Pep Guardiola.
“The club that I’ve been at has had success, especially in the last two seasons, but over the last four years we managed to win trophies,” he told Everton’s website.
“I wanted to be playing more regularly and the opportunity to come and play for Everton was too good of an opportunity to turn down.”